Marrying Passion and Technology with CTI
The Computer Training Institute (CTI) of Chicago is a vocational school that offers training courses related to computers and technology. Their accredited programs include certifications and classes aimed at helping the unemployed obtain jobs, and furthering the careers of the currently employed through technology. CTI recently hosted an event titled Marrying Your Passion with Technology, where speakers discussed the bridge between creativity and technology, and how they used technology to create a business. Get It Made founder Carrie Leigh was a panelist at the event, which took place at the top of the scenic Cliff Dweller's Lodge.
Other panelists included:
- Resha Shroff of VirtualKEY, a secure, virtual solution for allowing guests access to vacation rentals.
- Angie Gaffney of Stage 18, Chicago's film and media incubator
- Brian Duncan of Chowly, a third party online ordering system that powers services like GrubHub
- Justin DeLay of Reverb, a marketplace for buying and selling music gear online
- Bruce Kennedy of Cision, a PR and media intelligence company
The theme of the night was that you don't need a background in technology or a large sum of money to marry your passion with technology. As we try to illustrate at Get It Made, there are lots of free, low cost resources and methods to get it made these days.